Monday, September 10, 2012

July 23,2011

We had interviews as a zone this past week with President Miller. Elder Mckinney (AP) and I trained the zone and district leaders while my comp and the other AP trained new missionaries and trainers. It went really well although we had to rough up some feathers. There is a lot of fear in the missionaries so we kind of laid into them pretty hard. I love all the missionaries in the zone but I had to tell them "Hey missionary work can be scary but you can get over that now or later or you can just accept yourself as a mediocre missionary." President called me into Elder Bowers interview and he sat us down together and just talked to us about how much we have grown and changed over the mission. He said sometimes the Lord lets him see our future and something that really humbled me is that he told Elder Bowers and I that he saw us being Bishops, stake Presidents and more if we continued in righteousness. It really made me realize how much I need to rely on the Lord and not on the arm of flesh.


Jennifer is solid for baptism this sunday. We have been teaching her daily and making sure that she is keeping all commitments. She always reads and sometimes reads over the chapters we leave twice. She always prays and she loves church. I am excited for her baptism. She is even trying to encourage her friends husband to get baptized. He is getting taught by Elder Bowers in Olympic Park 3rd ward.


Rachel's baptism got pushed back a week because she fell down the stairs hurt her hip so she couldnt come to church on sunday. She wanted to go and she wanted to get baptized this sunday but the mission president said he wants her to come to church 2 more times before her baptism so it is looking like Aug 5th for her.


This work is awesome, I love it. Sadly it is coming to a close but it has been a life changing experience.


Love,

Elder Jolly

No comments:

Post a Comment