Monday, September 17, 2012

This past week was crazy. President Miller called on thursday, Elder Murillo picked up the phone and I hear President ask for me. I got on the phone and the first thing I said was "Uh oh". He then told me that he wanted some advice on transfers. I went through the companionships with him and talked about each one. Then he asked me a few questions about missionaries in other zones and what he should do. Then he asked me one question "Elder Jolly how long do you have left in the mission" to which I responded "I don't know President, I am not keeping track." He then answered "Dayss you have dayssss left in the mission and this will be your dying assignment". He then told me of 2 missionaries that were prideful and said I needed to go humble them and let them know that the Nephite nation was destroyed because of their pride and the Lord would do likewise with them. It was not a fun assignment to complete but I did it.

Sunday I had my going home interview with President Miller. It was awesome to sit down and talk about the whole mission. It was cool to look back and see how we have both changed. He then asked me what to do with another Elder because the Elder is a big complainer. I told him to change him to the english assignment for a transfer and drop him to Junior Companion to put him in his place, then if he learns his lesson he can work his way back up. Tomorrow President Miller and the missionaries going home will go to the Salt Lake Temple, then we will have a luncheon. In the evening I am going to visit Carmen and Kenny. Carmen recently got her temple reccomend and is preparing to enter the temple soon.

It was 2 rewarding years, it was the best 2 years. I will never forget the people or the experiences. This chapter is coming to an end but the next is just beginning. I love you all! See you on thursday!


Love,

Elder Jolly

No comments:

Post a Comment